Creative Santa Fe’s mission is to leverage Santa Fe’s unique sense of place, using collaboration and the power of the arts to reframe critical issues and drive positive change.
Who We Are
Harnessing the power of the arts and community, we take an innovative approach to problem-solving that can build bridges of understanding and shape a stronger future for generations to come.
We are guided by a belief that collaboration between diverse groups of people with varying skills, knowledge, experiences and opinions is the key to innovation. In an environment as culturally diverse, intellectually rich, and naturally beautiful as New Mexico, we can frame, contemplate, understand and interpret problems in completely new and profound ways, developing original and effective responses.
The best solutions can only emerge when voices from many walks of life come together in an environment that fosters listening, reflection, understanding, insight, and inspiration. We believe that as we embark on the next chapter of our collective history, Santa Fe can help shape critical dialogue that better prepares us for the social, economic and environmental challenges we all face—in our own community and around the world.
Since 2005, Creative Santa Fe has strengthened Santa Fe’s economy by reframing critical issues in bold new ways, forging local and national collaborations, and driving positive change in our community and beyond.
- Partnered and collaborated with over 90 local and 27 national organizations, breaking down community silos and creating more impactful public programming and outcomes.
- Built numerous partnerships between the City, non-profits, and business community to address issues including: the future of the arts, walkability, affordable housing, sustainable technology, downtown nightlife, and jobs creation.
- Created over 60 public arts events to directly address ways to strengthen the creative economy.
- Collaborated with the City of Santa Fe, the State of New Mexico, the National Endowment for the Arts, Artspace, local foundations and businesses to develop the Siler Yard Arts & Creativity Center, 65 affordable live/work spaces for Santa Fe’s creative workforce and their families.
- Transformed the national dialogue on nuclear weapons with local, national, and international partners and won the Most Significant Futures Award for our work.
- Returned 680% on the City of Santa Fe’s investment for the Nuclear Weapons Summit
- Won the 2014 Santa Fe Community Foundation Piñon Award for Courageous Innovation.