POSITION: EVENTS MANAGER
Reporting to the Executive Director, in partnership with the Creative Santa Fe Team, the Events Manager will manage programmatic events and assist with logistics of fundraising events. The Events Manager will oversee all CrSF’s events from conception to clean up. This person plays the lead role in coordinating the details of all programmatic event activity and will ensure that all programs and events run smoothly, efficiently and can handle any issues that arise with focus and grace. The ideal candidate is highly organized, strategic, a problem solver, optimistic, nimble, resourceful, personable, and resilient in the face of change.
- Creating all event plans and production timelines
- Managing all event master budgets and keeping up to date spending records
- Attending some meetings with potential and confirmed partners
- Creating social media posts (FB, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, etc) related to all programs & events
- Working with the team to create post-event recaps and archive all event photos and collateral
- Managing invitation mailing lists, event registrations, and RSVP’s
- Managing Volunteers
- Helping to research and organize venues,transportation, and accessibility resources
- Drafting and managing partner and vendor contracts
- Hiring and managing A/V teams and equipment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor Degree required
- Minimum 5-years in event planning, development, and/or project management position
- Experience creating, managing, and following budgets
- Experience in graphic design and social media management a plus
- Communication: Ability to meet with partners, manage teams working towards events, negotiate contracts, help with written outreach collateral, newsletters, and press releases.
- Problem Solving & Calm Under Pressure: Inevitably, something unplanned will arise at an event. The ideal candidate will remain calm during challenges, will be able to handle the high pressure of an event in progress, and can quickly resolve any issues that arise.
- Computer Skills: Excellent budget management skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Suite, and Google Docs, and Office.
- Organization: This position requires managing many events, topics, themes, and partners. The ideal candidate will be able to prioritize tasks, remain organized and focused, and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Self Starter: The ideal candidate will be able to determine what needs to be done to create a successful event and create a series of goals, timelines, and task lists to make it happen.
- Visionary: This position, and the organization, have the potential to grow to meet opportunities as they arise. The ideal candidate will be able to see beyond the tasks assigned to them to explore new possibilities, connections, and events.
- Experimental/Risk Taker: Creative Santa Fe is frequently making up new models and forging into unexplored territories practically and conceptually. The ideal candidate is bold, confident, curious, and can thrive in ambiguity.
- Sense of Humor: Having fun and finding joy are critical to success in this position.
- Humble: Every employee at Creative Santa Fe finds themselves doing things outside of their job description. The ideal candidate is a team player and is willing to work with the team to achieve success.
SALARY: $38,000 – $48,000 commensurate with experience.